Wednesday 18 May 2011

Thought Detonation #12 - Something for those eyes

I was hot under my collar today morning as I saw the feedback my blog was getting. Statistics didn’t impress me much but it was the reader feedback that was making me proud. I was on a verge of getting over confident. This happens to be one of my weaknesses and I try hard to keep it under a check. I was just surfing across a couple of blogs when I found this (http://joshidaniel.com/). This guy has beautiful photography skills. I just love the way a few of his pics speak for themselves. What specifically caught my attention was this (http://joshidaniel.com/2011/05/08/137/)

(Image courtesy: Joshi Daniel)

“In these eyes so helpless
What I see is depth
Questions eco in those little ears
“Why am I here”, yes I can hear
Something for the pain, that he doesn’t ‘know’
May be he wasn’t ever happy, or never showed
What those frozen lips might utter, when curtains of dumbness slide across
If they knew a little of how to express, that soul wants a flight of albatross
This world must be fake, or blinded by the bling
But I do care, and I think”


When I look into his eyes, I see a strange mix of innocence and helplessness. I was feeling too proud just moments ago, but it all seemed so callous now. At most I could get a few clicks on my blog and make some money. That is it. Will I ever be able to take helplessness out of his eyes? Even if I end up in millions, will I be able to help him? Would he ever go to school? Would he ever be in a job? Would he ever look up to himself? What makes me so happy when I can’t help a million children like him? Would he ever be a “chooser” in life? These questions assail me as the pride melts and I feel ‘weak’ for a million others who were not as lucky as I am. The vulnerability in his eyes overpowers my pride as I start to write.

If you liked this post then do share it within you network, subscribe by email and promote the blog.